Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Time?

This morning I got up, put on my tee-shirt and jeans, then went out to mow the lawn for the first time this year. At first I was a little shocked at how cold it was. I obviously didn't know the temperature had dropped, but nevertheless I continued on without a coat thinking the sun would come out and warm everything up just like it had all week. About half way through the job I was still freezing my tail off, but by this time I had set the precedent for all my neighbors. I wasn't about to march in and cover up now! Then, as I was finishing up, the snow began to fall. I finished the job and finally came in and checked the weather. That's when I realized it was only in the 30's and remained there all day! After 3 cups of coffee and 9 hours later I'm just now thawing out! I can't wait for global warming to hit Greenfield!

3 comments:

My Big Brown Opinion said...

Way to tough it out! A lesser man would have wimped out and grabbed a wind-breaker, or not even gone outside at all.

The Going Blog said...

I was at the grocery when you mowed so I'm wondering why your tail was freezing--wasn't it covered? It was nice to come home and see it freshly cut. Thanks for braving the spring weather.

Anonymous said...

I thought Martha mowed the lawn??? Oh well, now we know who really does it right ? LOL jeanne