Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pyramid

A Realtor friend of mine called the other day to see if I would go to a "special" networking meeting with her and her husband. Dinner would be on them! I could "invite anybody I wanted...just come and network with other business people". I thought it was more than what they let on, but I went anyway. Sure enough, I was greeted by a flamboyant sales person that was more than happy to see me! The power point presentation was ready and I knew I was in for a long lunch! The presentation looked something like this:
0
00
000
0000
00000
The speaker had only been in the program 7 months and was already making $10,000 per month. Now, I know real estate hasn't exactly been great in the last 3 years, but it made me wonder what my friends saw in me that made them think I would be a candidate for this thing they were in. Did they think I could use the money? Did they think I had money to burn? Do they think I'm the type of guy that will get hundreds of people under me? No! they just needed one more person to pay $30 a month to help them reach the next level! I'm a nice guy and left the meeting saying "I would think about it". I also left with an application in my hand and plenty of phone numbers to call if I had any questions! As a salesman myself I do have plenty of questions, but they begin with "do you want to buy.........?" or "can I interest you in..........?" or "this is a great deal, when can I write an offer for you?
I think I will prepare my own power point presentation that says "send me $30 a month and my company will automatically place $15 into your checking account!" What a great concept! Send me your name, address, and checking account information and watch my account grow!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Love your new concept!!!!! If it works...let us know! Sure would be nice to make an extra "10" a month!

Anonymous said...

We have fallen for so many of those "plans" that I run if I here anyone say the lunch is on us !!! Jeanne

CHolden said...

I'm in! Where do I send my bank account number to?

David Going said...

1122 Boogey Woogey Avenue!