Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flying Low

The other mode of transportation that most of us can identify with is the automobile. I would assume that most people have tried to out-run a police officer at some point in their life. My experience happened about 20 years ago going 100+ miles per hour down Interstate 70. I'm happy to say I didn't get caught, but I did have to find a bathroom real fast to make sure everything was under control. I had one other experience, but it wasn't quite as fun. I managed to loose him by turning off the road and then watched him go by with his lights on.

Martha just reminded me of the time I was being stopped, but since I was so close to home, I just kept going. I eventually pulled into my driveway with the cop on my tail. So I raised the garage door and proceeded to pull forward as if to pull in. That's when I thought I better stop and face the consequences of my actions. The police officer approached my car laughing! He thought it was hilarious and let me off the hook. He eventually became a neighbor of mine about 5 years later.

I have been pulled over by the law more times than I can remember and have been through the whole mandatory driver training classes. But now I have been clean for 10 years! I am a safe and responsible driver with a wife and 3 kids!

Things I have been pulled over for include: rolling through a stop sign; tag light out; not using a turn signal; suspicion of a stolen vehicle; suspicion of drunk driving; expired license plate; leaky load; bald tires; crossing the centerline (with a state police in the on-coming lane); and of course, speeding. Those radar detectors don't work!

I figure I'm pretty safe telling about all this on April Fools Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is any of this true????? Well, I do know that some is true. :~)

We're coming for supper tonight!!!
AF'sD

Ronda said...

Oh dear...and to think that my kids have been in your car!!!!!!! ha! Oh...I guess that has been while you were "clean"...OK...NOW I feel better about it!

My Big Brown Opinion said...

"Clean" huh? I followed you out of church about three weeks ago and I'd say you hit almost everything on that list (except the bald tires
)!

Oh, and I like the second sentence of this post. It really stood out to me!