Saturday, April 5, 2008

No Pain No Gain

Last Night our church teamed up with the Shelbyville church for a lock-in at the Boys and Girls Club here in Greenfield. We had a good time, but unfortunately after a night of basketball tournaments and strenuous activities, my body is trying to tell me something. Apparently my skin is too small, because my muscles are aching and I'm in pain!! I have been jogging about 18 miles a week, but that did nothing to prep me for what I have gone through today! It hurt just getting out of bed! It hurts to do anything! I must be getting old! All this pain and I was just the decoy! I can't play very well, so basically I ran around all night trying to act like I could. I think I have that look that says "if you throw the ball to me, I WILL screw up" or "if I get the ball, don't bother blocking me". Oh well, it was good exercise so I skipped my usual jog today.

As far as the jogging goes...I usually go about 5-6 miles an hour for 30 minutes every day. I would like to get to 7-8 miles an hour, but that will be a while before that happens. I can run 10 miles an hour for approximately 1 minute, but that doesn't get me very far, because then I have to slow-walk to catch my breath. My brother, Mark, has been walking, dieting and losing lots of weight, so that has inspired me to do more to stay healthy. I hope he keeps up the good work, but I can't let him weigh less than me!

4 comments:

Bette said...

Wow!?!?!? I should be so fortunate to be able to get that much exercise in one day....Hmmm.. bette

Ronda said...

Danny's skin must have been too small, too..ha!(He was in pain, too!) Good job on being healthy! Good for you!

Ella Ruth Going said...

You must not have been exercising your skin regularly, or you wouldn't have so much pain. But keep up the good work. Ha!

My Big Brown Opinion said...

It was a great time. Actually I thought you were more like the Energizer Bunny than a tired old man!