Friday, June 13, 2008

Golf

I used to play golf about every week before I got into selling real estate. I miss those days. I never was very good at it but it was fun to wack the ball and see how far it would go before it went into the weeds. I think I hold the distinction of being the only one to hit the club house from tee #1 at Arrow Head Golf Course in Greenfield. If you know this course then you know it's about a 120 degree angle from where it should have gone. Nevertheless my boss used to continue paying my way to play golf with him, probably because it made him feel good to beat me by 40 points. Every now and then I parred a hole or two and if I was really lucky I got a birdie. Most of the time I spent my days looking in the weeds for back-up balls, or yelling FORE at people in the next fairway over. Everyone pretty much took cover every time I got up to swing the club. Yes, those were the days! Here are a few pictures I ran across recently while looking through my archives. I was actually playing with the Holdens on this round. I think charles was taking the pictures so unfortunately he's not in the action pictures.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it more fun to look for balls than to hit them? :~)

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day, David. Hope you get to feeling a lot better.

Ronda said...

Sounds like FUN!!!!!!!!

Denea' said...

Isn't baseball more fun!!! Then you can let someone else chase the ball!

My Big Brown Opinion said...

You hit the clubhouse from the #1 tee box?! I've heard of two different people hitting it from #10 but never from #1. That's one horrible shot!